Our advice is practical and hands-on, based on our extensive experience in the accounting, audit, taxation and financial planning aspects of superannuation.
How can we help you?There are a number of key areas of superannuation that need your attention to ensure that you have the best approach in place and that your super is working at full capacity.
Legislative complianceSuperannuation legislation is a complex area. We provide fund trustees with assistance in navigating the superannuation environment, to ensure that your fund remains up-to-date and that it poses no risks to your current situation. We advise on compliance with superannuation legislation in the following areas:
- Eligibility for contributions
- Tax deductibility of contributions
- Eligibility for benefit payments
- Taxation of benefit payments
- Limited recourse borrowing arrangements
- Permitted investments
- Use of related unit trusts
- Appropriate documentation
- Review of financial statements, member statements, investment strategy, trustee minutes and working papers
- Reports on any deficiencies or omissions
- Recommendations on remedial action
- Assistance to ensure future compliance
- Assistance with Australian Tax Office reviews/audits of funds
- Assistance to fund trustees who may have breached the legislation, including development of a rectification program and liaison with the ATO.